Old 05-05-2008, 09:44 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemar View Post
hmmmmm AMN ....I am not to sure I would agree it to be "best water in the world", and I sure wouldnt drink what comes out of my faucet

we had our water here analyzed and were so shocked at the results that we immediately got a reverse osmosis unit for drinking/cooking and filters for the showers etc.The good pure water just aint so good and pure anymore (no amount of contaminant is "within acceptable range" IMHO), but..... rather than just complain about it or make the bottled water companies richer, we shopped around and found a portable RO unit for under $200
I believe it Chemar... Florida is sooooo polluted and your fresh water lake,
may be GONE in 10 yrs!

Where we are in the city...we still have good water. But up North we are forced to get it out of Lake Huron. The freighters are dumping ballast and other obnoxious waste and our whole Northern shore is now fairly unsafe.
I've been double filtering it for over 20 yrs now. And getting laughed at by the cousins. But I see in the last 5 yrs they are now filtering too!
With no electricity manual filtering is a challenge and time consumer!
I take some bottled up there, but it doesn't last long. We boil water too,
but that consumes the propane which 150 dollars a tank! No easy way!
(we use PUR filters)

BTW the water main repairs we have been having...are a nightmare too. Last week when they finally dug ours up...red sludge
came out when it was opened. We had to run all our faucets and toilets for a LONG time and we are still running them a LONG time.
One toilet plugged up the tank mechanism, and it wouldn't stop running.... and my husband had to fix it. And it is NOT over YET!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by mrsD; 09-29-2008 at 06:08 PM.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote