View Single Post
Old 05-05-2008, 09:50 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Wow!! Mrs. D.

Too bad no one suggested anger management courses for this man. Might have helped him.

How sad that he was so frustrated and had such deep-rooted anger for whomever he was angry at, that he thought it acceptable to take it out on others.

I've been a victim of that kind of mentality. I was lucky, I escaped. But I vowed, never again.

Oh, once, when I was 18, I had a job as a typist. There was a maintenance man who thought I was his private property. Now I was 18, didn't know a fig about men and their thoughts, and whatever. I did know that when a man looked at me in a certain way and it made me uncomfortable, that I had the right to "say no".

I kept saying "no". He kept NOT HEARING ME!!!I can even remember his name to this day. JARED!!! My god, this was 42 years ago, and I remember.

He got me up against the wall by the elevator (no one was around), and he put his face up to my face and said "Why won't you go out with me?", what's wrong with me, do you think you are too good for me?"

I had never been exposed to this type of MEN behavior before and I was clueless.

So I just said "oh no, it's not you, it's me, I just have problems". Can you believe I said this??"

I also reported him to management and he was fired the next day.

THANK GOD!!!!!

I have, in my lifetime, (with a boyfriend),WAY BEFORE ALAN, have been the victim of abuse.

I vowed never again.

And it never happened again.

I think (because of some deep rooted memory I have that I promised myself it would never happen again), that if some man ever put his hands on me, that would be the last day he had hands.

But that's just me.

Thank god for therapy. That's all I can say.

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote