View Single Post
Old 05-05-2008, 10:37 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

illegal immigrants CANNOT RECEIVE WELFARE because that takes a social security card and illegal immigrants do not want to risk being discovered.

other than wanting to deport criminals, I really do not have a problem with the Mexicans that live in our community.

I have girls come to clean my house, they do not speak English. I have never asked for their "papers." They are good women, honest and I trust them. They have cleaned my house for 3 years.

Other than criminals, whether legal or illegal, I am must more concerned with so many more issues.

Is there a difference between complaining and pointing out what is wrong?

I remember watching a psychologist talking about child rearing. He said to repeat what the child is saying. Ever notice how a child will repeat the same sentence over and over wanting to be heard? I wondered if that would work.

Sometimes a complainer just wants to be heard.

Politically, I am so ready to be heard and I am so ready for solutions. I would love to have Obama in office for 8 years.

It will be rough going at first, our country is in disarray. I am not sure much will be accomplished at first.

Congress is such a quagmire. It disturbs me that Republican representatives are filibustering on the key issues so that politically the Senate and House of Representatives with a Democratic "majority" can be labeled as a "do-nothing" legislature.

Just look at what happened with the bipartisan amendment Jim Webb tried to create. He had it going but GWB and McCain got into it and the Republican minority backed out. I feel sad for the troops, this is not support. But rhetoric will rule the day. "Democrats are weak on Iraq issues, they just want to cut and run."

Not true but it has been a propaganda statement we "hear" and some of the US believe.

So little of what is really happening in government is heard by us in the public.

So negative campaigning works because so few take the time to go to .org's. Many on the internet choose .com's and think if it is on a computer, it must be true.

Oh... don't get me started! I appear to be complaining on a political vent.
Aarcyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote