View Single Post
Old 05-05-2008, 12:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thank you!
The claim does sound supicious to me.
Something not having any scientific evidence to back up claims would certainly give me pause.
HOWEVER, at my age, I have certainly seen enough situations where the medical community was very slow to back up simple remedies that help people. I don't think they are all that motivated to allow people to think that they can try over the counter products and get relief for some of their ailments.
This is why I like to check out claims that you hear. I do think that sometimes there is at least some truth to them and it is hard to get out the truth when doctors and pharmaceutical companies would prefer it not be heard.
In the way back of my mind...I always remember how there once was a time that doctors didn't think it was necessary to wash their hands prior to surgery. My guess is that there were folks who said "Maybe we should wash our hands before surgery?" and the 'medical community' laughed at them.
Ideas change and it takes an open mind (lack of bias) combined with science to really get at the truth.
Sorry for the soap box...speech.
Thanks for the article. It was helpful.
Vowel Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote