Thread: Cfs?
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2008, 01:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Cfs?

Hmm, first time post so to start with hi *waves*

OK, background history - I'm 18 and female and have some health issues.
I had an abortion in April last year and developed (the Doctors think) an infection afterwards. I went on tablets to get rid of the infection and after about a month I was fine again....well I say fine, what I mean is the infection went away.

Since then, I have felt tired all the time, I have been passing out, getting frequent headaches (having to take paracetamol (SP?) frequently), forgetting what I'm doing and really struggling with concentration.
The doctors have tested me for a lot of things, I have had brain scans, heart scans, tilt tests, numerous blood tests...all showing that nothing is wrong. However the doctors are still trying to figure it out. I get tired to the point where I can walk downstairs to make a cup of tea, and on my way back upstairs I feel weak, my body shakes through what feels like exhaustion, I feel dizzy and if I dont sit down quick enough I have the possibility of passing out or nearly passing out.

My aunt is a nurse and she was doing some research for me and she said that all my symptoms pointed towards CFS, and wondered why my Doctors hadn't looked into it yet.

I am completely out of my league here, I have no idea if CFS can show up on anything. So just out of interest, does CFS show up on any tests...or is there a possibility it can show nothing and it just relies on the patient telling the doctor? I will mention it to the Doctor next time I see him, but don't want to look like a fool for mentioning it.

Any help would be greatley appreciated.
Love and Light,
Silver
Silver1989 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote