Old 05-05-2008, 02:19 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by braingonebad View Post
Mrs. D. - Does that site have a feedback system for its products? Or is that sold somewhere that does? Maybe other people have used it and can comment. I wish I could help you on this. We have deer right up the street - 1/4 mile away - but they just don't cross the road, so I don't have the problem you have.

The only people I know who live down there keep big dogs out all night and that seems to keep the deer out of their gardens.
That was a good idea....didn't think there would be many reviews..
I went to Amazon and found the lowest price too! LOL

3 x 5 star reviews on Amazon
And one 5 star on The Do It Best Website.

So I guess I will try it. I was devastated last summer when she learned how
to get to my smaller planters on the high dock. I love the deer.. and we have been feeding them for over a decade. But I love my flowers too. I often
do seedlings of perennials and bring them home. Being outside there every day taking the sun, affords me an easy way to grow my seeds.
I did a whole flat of Lychnis coronaria last year...they do very well in my dry
front garden..they take alot of abuse and bloom away...often twice.
Sometimes they are biennial and others not, so I can't depend on self seeding.

We even put up a netting fence along the shore, where the tree line stops.
I thought she was coming down that way. But it appears she also walks on the rocks and in the water, now. So this will be my 3rd attempt to save my small flower patch. Most of the people up there (not on our small island) who are year long residents have elaborate fences.. and I just can't do that. Even having the flowers is tough..we are the only ones of the family that do plants, it is just too hard. (you have to bucket water, and bring everything in by boat.)

Thanks for the idea. I'm gonna try it...and will report back in Sept! (or sooner if I can find a working WiFi up there this season!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote