View Single Post
Old 05-05-2008, 09:41 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi,
It is my understanding that basilar artery aneursyms can cause visual problems. I can't say much about your other symptoms. I have a couple aneursyms. I had a craniotomy to have one clipped on the PCA which branches off of the basilar artery. After the other aneursym was seen on an MRI they did an angiogram (inject dye into the brain through the femerol artery) and found the second one. My surgeon recommended that it be clipped off, but often cerebal aneursyms are treated by inserting coils into them to plug them up via the femoral artery on up. The good news about cerberal aneursyms is that there is only a 1 in 100 chance of rupture a year. The bad news is that there is a 50% mortality rate if they rupture. Watch your blood pressure and don't lift heavy objects. Make a list of questions to ask the doctor and take it with you. It is easy to get brain freeze when somebody is talking about if you need brain surgery. I thought the surgery would be worse than it was and the recovery quicker. I was back to work in a couple months. It took a year to feel completely back to normal. There is no family history for me or history of brain trauma. Best of luck to you.
sarahin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
robmblind (05-06-2008)