Thread: Helpful Hints
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2008, 10:17 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hello,
I had a PCOM aneursym (circle of willis) clipped a year ago. Brains heal slowly. Please be understanding when she has trouble thinking straight. I had trouble focusing on more than one thing at a time and fatigue problems. For now think "non-complicated" when thinking of anything to get her. It's been 14 months for me and I work, drive, am thinking clearly- with the help of some medicine to raise my dopamine levels. After she gets home she will probably be restricted from driving for a while. If you can get her out for a few non-strenuous activities she will love you for it. Bringing over some groceries or doing her wash would be nice for a short while. Check to see if there is a support group for stroke patients in your area. Just being there is the most important thing. I was surprised who was there for me and who was not. I never expected special treatment, but thought people would be understanding enough to over look some spaciness. I was definitely treated like "damaged goods" by some. The experience change my life's priorities. Give her a hug for me!
Sarah
sarahin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote