View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 12:48 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I have had a pneumonia at age five, which was at the time misdiagnosed as whooping cough, although I had been inoculated. It was not treated with antibiotics but with codeine. The fact that I kept on wheezing and coughing more often than other kids and having spells of light fever was seen as asthma. In fact my body had encapsulated the pneumonia, in an ever thickening layer of scar tissue. When I had a life-threatening flare-up at age 35 (resulting in total sepsis) an MRI scan finally showed up these facts. So I have been getting codeine on and off since age five.

When I tried sleeping pills, the first night they worked well. The second night they worked somewhat. The third night they did not do anything. That is how quickly I develop tolerance and/or addiction. Luckily, this happened when I was fifteen and it alerted me to stay away completely and utterly from anything addictive at all.

So, since codeine is known to be very addictive, I agree that it is even worse to give it to a child. My mother and younger sister are Narcissist, but I feel this has everything to do with upbringing and nothing with a hereditary proneness to mental illness, like e.g. in bipolar. There are no known cases of mental illness anywhere in my family. After my very first time of taking anti-depressants, I completely and utterly lost my mental balance. I have been diagnosed with bipolar, autism, borderline, ADHD and whatnot after this. Even though these things are surely for a large part due to my mother who hates me and kept on tripping me, always has, I still state that my case clearly shows, children that are given any kind of addictive drugs are thereby at least sensitized to addiction for life, a sensitivity which is supposed to be only hereditary. I also state that I have had an excessive amount of social problems, which could be a result of autism but are definitely, known fact, made worse by arrest of development in certain area's of the personality which always happens in cases of early addiction and often also in cases of child abuse.