View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 01:03 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hmm...

Thank you, NN.

Yes, good news that two big lesions shrunk - however, as I think we all know, lesions aren't necessarily an indicator of what is happening or what is to come... ie: my symptoms continue....and my disability is increasing with QOL decreasing. But - still, I like knowing there are smaller holes in my head! LOL

Kingrex - yes, they did Gd contrast. It didn't mention much specifically about that in the report though... Hmmm, I will have to pull out the report and look again in a few minutes.

Erin - they only did my C-spine - and b/c I requested it from my doc as I wanted a baseline, if nothing else. I am THRILLED that my spine doesn't have lesions - but it does say this: I have “minor disk desiccation at C2-3 and C3-4 and I have “mild straightening of lordotic curvature”.

The desiccation is not good - I've only read a little on it - but I have learned this thus far: This means "atrophy" or "drying out" of the intervertebral disc, resulting in loss of height. Spinal discs are normally rubbery round pads that are filled with a jelly-like substance called the nucleus. Normal disks are well hydrated, the nucleus containing 80 to 85% water and the anulus about 80%. Together with the cartilaginous end plates of the adjacent vertebral bodies, the intervertebral disk forms a disk complex that gives structural integrity to the interspace and cushions the mechanical forces applied to the spine. Dessication is often considered the first stage of spinal degenerative changes, and no longer provides the cushioning necessary between vertebrae.

That doesn't sound so good! LOL

~Keri

RedPenguins is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote