View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 07:52 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi Austin,

Welome to the group. I am sorry to hear that you are going through so much at your age. I have 2 Grandson's and they are both sports nuts and because I have RSD I do worry about something happening to them. You are so young to have to go through this.

I did want to say, I deal with the chest pains. I have been like you, I ended up in the hospital twice for them and went through angiograms. Today I am having a stress test done but my pain has to do with other things besides my heart.

What I have and a lot of Drs. most likely don't do it but I have triggerpoint injections in my chest area. My Dr. uses lidocaine but never steroids. He says no to that. It took us a long time to get the chest area calmed down and it did start up again awhile back and we started the triggerpoint injections again. Right now it's calmed down again.

Something else I use is lidocaine patches, you might ask the Dr. if that is a possibility for you. I know because of your age, they will take care of you differently then older people as you said but this might be something to ask. I do put them on my chest area. I have been told it was ok to do that, I have done it for years and they do help some. The TP's I get don't hurt either. My Dr. doesn't use a big needle.

As far as the coma, several on here has had them and I know they will come on here to talk to you about them.

I did want to say too that you might be right on the PT. I had almost 4 years of PT for RSD, Fibro, and TOS and I didn't do agressive PT. It helped me immensely.

I am sorry that you are going through so much. It will get better but RSD is so time consuming to calm down or get people into remission. Hope you get there soon.

Ada

Last edited by dreambeliever128; 05-06-2008 at 08:32 AM.
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
LordWood (05-07-2008)