View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 09:22 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Kimberly At least you got diagnosed?

And they are trying to do something about it all. It's frustrating!
I've the opposite problem.. 'Hashimoto's' where they thyroid has pretty much died...and have to take Synthroid to replace what I'm not getting.
I can only suggest that you check out the web site http://thyroid.about.com
I've actually found lots of good info and resources there dealing with thyroid issues.
As for that specific medication? Web up it's name and add 'prescribing information' - that way you will get the complete info that sometimes comes in the miniscule print in a 'puter format that can be actually read! Should you have any odd things occur as possible side effects, call the pharmaceutical company's 800 number and while it may take about 10-20 minutes on hold, then about 20+ minutes of questions about YOU...you can find out if you should be worried or not. I say this because many docs don't really read all that fine print themselves.
Some of the s/e's that drive us up or down walls docs don't register, plain and simple?
Also keep in mind that any other meds you may take for other issues can affect how well you process this med. The best place to ask about this is the pharm co.... I sure hope this helps and I truly hope your new med helps! Goodness knows relief is where and when we can find/get it! - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote