View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 12:08 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Wow, Jess. What a wonderful family you must have to care for your little brother who is so helpless.

Sandy, I personally know a nurse who gave birth to a baby boy who had a stroke, sometime during delivery, I think. Because she was a nurse, she was allowed to bring him home to care for him. His left side was affected.

His was not anywhere near as devastating as your brother's, Jess. This boy is a teen now, and most people probably wouldn't know he had any impairment.

But your poor little brother, how terribly sad I feel for him. You are obviously a very good and brave sister to seek help and advice.

This is a good community. As a whole we are a very caring bunch and I hope you will gain some comfort here.

I was just wondering, does your brother have a special wheelchair? There are some people at church whose little guy (about 3 yo) just got a wheelchair so they don't have to carry him and his oxygen anymore. Also, he is not able to sit by himself, so he has the safety of the chair, rather than just lying on the floor.

Hugs to you and your family. I think I would look into what Sandy suggested. Seems like there ought to be some compensation for you.

BTW, will you tell us your brother's name?

I've lost my mind ... and I don't miss it!

LIFE HAS NO REMOTE -- GET UP AND CHANGE IT YOURSELF!
Twinkletoes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote