View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 02:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkletoes View Post
Wow, you've suspected for 8 years?

I didn't suspect a thing until a week before I got the MS dx.
I was hospitalized in May of 2000. I had blurred vision, blackouts, slurred speech, memory lapses, trouble swallowing, loss of coordination, and loss of balance. They thought I was having mini-strokes. When they ruled that out, they told me I may have MS. They wanted me to follow up with neurology. I was a new nurse, working 2 jobs, in school, and traveling home to PA from VA every weekend to visit with my terminally il father in law. I refused to follow up, I didn't want to know.

Over the last 8 years, I have had things happen to take me to the doc. They always ask about previous hospitilzations, I always told them about that one, and what they said. No one ever thought to continue with the testing, cause my symptoms came on more subtle and one at a time, or at least I only complained one at a time, when I did complain (which took A LOT!).

This last relapse was after a 103.8 fever. I woke up and could barely move my left side. It went on for a week. DH wanted me to go to the docs, and I said it would pass. It got worse. I finally gave in...

... and here I am...

I guess I have been in denial for so long, I don't know how to let it sink in... or maybe just face it. I don't really know how I feel about it.

Had onset attack in 4/2000

Can stop blaming myself for symptoms now.

Visit me on
beautytransforming is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote