View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 05:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautytransforming View Post
And it confirms my Dx.

I have greater than 5 oligoclonal bands that are not supported in my serum.

I have a pretty elevated IgG index. Normal is 0.66. Normal (which is elevated) for MS is .7 or above, mine is 1.62.

Albumin is normal, so I am not leaking protein to give me a false positive.

Ugh...

Now a second opinion really is a moot point. But, it is good to have the confirmation and additional information. So, I will take what I can from the visit, and discuss it with my regular neuro who I will b following up with.

Now I have to really consider which DMD, if any, I want to go on.
When I had to choose which type of shot, they gave me packets with booklets and dvd's from four companies. I went through everything two and 3 times on some. I kept coming back to the same one. When I talked to the neuro, he was thinking the same thing based on my very active progression over a several month period. Everyone is different.... I chose Betaseron based on the fact that from what I learned it is the only one of the four that may possibly help the more progressive ms. The other ones might have been a better option had I been dx 13-15 years ago when it most likely had started.

Everyone has to make their own choice, I know you are feeling overwhelmed with that right now. I know I felt like.... YOU HAVE DUMPED THIS DISEASE ON ME.... I'M FEELING LIKE CRAP... MY WORLD IS CAVING IN.... SO YOUR ARE DOING WHAT?????????
GIVING ME HOMEWORK?!?!?!

I was downright mad....and I don't get mad. I'm pretty evenkeeled. It was exhausting to go through all that information. So my prayers are going up for you during this process.

I'm glad you got the 2nd opinion. It's at least peace of mind!
My thoughts are with you. Hang in there!

HANG IN THERE!

If I had to sum up FRIENDSHIP in one word, it would be COMFORT. ~Adabella Radici

MS/dx2006
BETASERON (Quit May 2011)
COPAXONE (Began June 2011)
Friend2U is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
beautytransforming (05-06-2008)