View Single Post
Old 05-07-2008, 01:07 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default A Full Path

Many of us have traveled this path of life. You will be bumping shoulders with a large group of folks walking alongside of you. And yes their are days of rain and sunshine ahead for you. So, lace up your walking shoes and hit the trail. Some of my feelings when my ex left when I went on disability: exhausted...confused...ecstatic...guilty...suspici ous...angry...hysterical...frustrated...sad...conf ident...embarrassed...happy...mischievous...disgus ted...frightened...enraged...ashamed...cautious... smug...depressed...overwhelmed...hopeful...lonely. ..disability...jealous...bored...surprised...anxio us...shocked and shy.
Add to the list. Ouch, man watch out for the elbows, this path were on does seem to become more and more full of Parkie's . Walk On and wave good-by to the ones who don't continue on this journey with us. They just don't understand what they have lost.
Anywhooo...smile, nod and wave and buy a box of band aids for the blisters. The trip may be done alone now, but, think of the new folks you will meet walking thru the Valley of Parkinson's. Yeah, I know, a wee bit strange, but, damn interesting folks we are.
Take it easy. Jacob
maryfrances (05-07-2008)