Thread: Some Advice
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2008, 05:47 AM
Young Senior Elder Member

15 yr Member
Young Senior Elder Member

15 yr Member

Hi mutton....I am late in welcoming you to our forum "family"...watching the elections last night and got carried away with them. *grin

Feeling Goofy (Vickey) is right..it's important to talk about what we are feeling..we have all had those thoughts and we are here to hold each other up when we are going through a rough patch.

Your co-worker can help her grieving friend in N.Y. by listening to her, really listen to her..by telling her that what she is feeling is normal for someone who is going to have to live with the aftermath of a loved ones suicide. She will need a lot of time and a lot of understanding because it's a very long journey.

And she probably won't call to ask....She should call her and ask.

We lost our son to suicide many years ago and I couldnt/wouldn't talk about his death...therefore I couldn't talk about his wonderful life and the joy he brought to so many people. Talking is the key to healing from this nightmare.

There are a couple of "short" excellent books she might get for her...few words (because it's almost impossible to concentrate) and lot's of lovely pictures. One is called The Next Place and the other is Tear Soup.

I'm so sorry she has to go through this double wammy...you sound like a good and caring friend. And also remember...as David would say, You take care of You.

Alffe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
muttontastic (05-10-2008), who moi (05-07-2008)