View Single Post
Old 05-07-2008, 06:29 AM
'Thanks' Button Team Community Member T.K.S.

Location: with the Brady Bunch, honey bunch,and now the crazy bunch
15 yr Member
'Thanks' Button Team Community Member T.K.S.

Location: with the Brady Bunch, honey bunch,and now the crazy bunch
15 yr Member
Default "Take a lot of pills and call me in the morning"

If one is to have a headache, a doctor on TV might say, "take two of these and call me in the morning."

But when someone is going through suicide thoughts or nearing suicide attempts, can we say, "take a lot of pills
and call me in the morning?"

Of course not...so, I wondered(wong's thread) how DO we let someone that we care that is pain take ONLY two pills and WILL be able to call us ing the
morning.

I think giving two ears is probably better than anything. The two ears are better than any pills a lot of times.

I know that whenever I am really there, at the verge of "it"
I actually would rather NOT talk to anybody. But there seems to be a good period of times before that, like for about maybe
for a whole week while the urge was strong, I would felt the need to talk, to divulge, NOT really about my intentions
but just to let it out.

Of course, there are no guarantees nor do I think everybody else is like me.

But I think that is where this forum serves its purpose. There are NOT only two ears here in this here them forum,
but many many many caring ears throughout the years.

I know I have told many of you this both in private and here in the open forum that I am truly appreciative for all you've
done for me. Whether you've been here a long time or not or just the past 24 hours or so.

By just being here, having that "presence", I think the "ears" here have saved many lives including mine many times and over...

So, maybe we can say, "take a lot of listening and take my two ears...and I WILL hear from you, in the morning..."

thanks for many years (and ears) of support from the OBT to the NT and wherever the future will be. (but no thanks to the FBI with the COD on the UPS)

*tipping my hat off to all the caring members

Last edited by who moi; 05-07-2008 at 07:06 AM.
who moi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (05-07-2008), Curious (05-07-2008), muttontastic (05-10-2008), nohope (05-07-2008), Wren (05-07-2008)