View Single Post
Old 05-07-2008, 07:19 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

welcome to neuro and like Ellena said sorry you have thisT.N.
I have tryed about all the meds that were out there with mixed results some didnt help at all or the side affects not worth it or allergic to the med.
As I understand the body after a while can become immune to the med ..meening it takes more and more of the med to help because the body adjusts to that dosage so it needs to be uped and or changed. but that isnt true for everyone many find a med and dosage that works and they find relief and controll. I am not on any meds and havent been for a few years now. I WISH THE NEURO STIM WAS APPROVED BY THE GOV AS AN OPTION and avilable to others like many of the meds out there. maybe some day soon . after the kinks get worked out
mine came from auto accident so I cant help with the last question either..how long before it manifests , I imagine it is different for each of us. we learn our triggers..what makes it flare up or wakes the monster. for me it is breeze and wind, temp and pressure change ,weather, cold and hot things chewing ect ect... it is diffrent for each of us.
talk with your doctor and your neuro bring up your concerns and questions.
check out the stickies at the top of this forum and the book striking back is a God send may want to get that for yourself .
i hope you get some sleep and find the meds that work for you. and dont forget to keep us posted and know we are here to listen or support AND lend advice when ever you need.
PEACE
BMW
Burntmarshmallow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote