Old 05-07-2008, 07:44 AM
----

15 yr Member
----

15 yr Member
Heart

LOL Alffe!

BMW

I used to spend a lot of time in the old Braintalk chat rooms. You did the right thing with this girl, with one exception. It's okay to give them all you've got, but try not to lose any sleep over new people who come in with emergencies. There's only so much you can do in a chat room.

We used to get a lot of "drive-bys" from kids who liked to play games by creating an emergency and watching all of us get upset. We practically fell over each other trying to help. Sometimes we started fighting with each other over appropriate advice. Far too often the ISP would be traced back to an elementary school library - bored school kids.

It sucks because it's so hard to tell the difference between authentic and phony. I solved that problem by treating every story as real, but kept in mind it could be just a joke. If it turns out to be real, no problem. If it turns out to be phony, oh well - at least that person would know what to do in case whatever they were talking about comes true. Besides, even if it was phony, that person still had a problem - they needed attention, and you gave it to them.

Go ahead and give them your heart. Just don't let them run away with it before you get to know them better. I'm glad you heard from Mandy.

Have fun!
KathyM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (05-08-2008), Burntmarshmallow (05-08-2008), who moi (05-07-2008)