View Single Post
Old 10-19-2006, 10:58 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Exclamation

((((((Mili)))))),

Quote:
Why the heck is he acting like such a little stink at school, and just being allowed to?
G-d, that sounds so familiar My son would swear under his breath at the principal or kick a hole in the door and they'd "say" that he had to do 5-days detention. He'd end up doing 1/2 day and that was it.

The only consistency came from me. My husband ALWAYS did the opposite of me. The school didn't follow-through.

There HAS TO BE consistency of treatment and the school HAS TO DO what they say they are going to do. It's too confusing to the kid otherwise.

I never saw the bad behavior at home. My husband (who was similar when he was a kid) said it was because HE KNEW that the school members would prevent him from hurting himself or others -- so he could blow out as far as he wanted and he would be prevented from totally exploding. Makes sense

My personal opinion of WHY this happened (and I suspect that something similar is going on with Vince) is that he/they present such a "personable/cute" side to the school (manipulative, in other words) that the school doesn't want to quote-hurt/punish him-unquote. It's just like you don't want to spank the cute puppy for pissing on the floor -- even though the cute puppy probably knows better.

You got your hands full, Mili -- I remember all that crap so well. You DO have to be consistent and INSIST that the school do what YOU want.

BIG HUGS (and love).

Barb
moose53 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote