View Single Post
Old 05-07-2008, 09:33 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by braingonebad View Post
Hi everybody.

I didn't see a chck in, so here I am.

Had a rough day yesterday. One of my birds, Goldie, died. As tough as that is for me, my other birds are taking it even harder. Minnie, the lovebird is devestated. And Jake looked really bad. I thought he was going to be the next to go, he looked so rough last night.

He was not secured in his cage when Goldie passed, and got into all kinds of stuff in the room - he has never done that before, but maybe in his grief he wasn't thinking right. People do self-destructive things when someone they love dies, and I suppose birds may, too.

Well, he was bobbing, shaking, not pooping, weak.

I hand fed him about every hour through the day, and he seems to be coming around. I told all of them they needed to take care of themselves and help one another through this.

Minnie still closes her eyes and rocks back and forth - I swear, if you could see her, it looks like she's crying. It's heartbreaking. All night (I couldn't sleep) I could hear her making the saddest sounds, and Jesse calling back "Sweetie, sweetie" as if to comfort her.
Oh sis! I'm so sorry. I know how special your feathered friends are. Which one was Goldie? Was she one of the lovebirds you got from a mutual friend?

Take me back to days full of monkeyshines
Bouncin' on a bubble full of trouble in the summer sun
Keep your raft from the riverboat
Fiction over fact always has my vote
And wrinkles only go where the smiles have been...

Jimmy Buffett from "Barefoot Children in the Rain"

hollym is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
braingonebad (05-07-2008)