View Single Post
Old 05-07-2008, 10:30 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default thanks

Thanks for the support and you are absolutely right. People don't understand that it isn't just a bad back. Right now I am still unsure what to do. The fusion failed and it appears the pins are moving. I really don't plan on going back to Atlanta for a repeat however when it gets real bad who knows. My family MD is angry that I won't go back to Atlanta. I told him the worse case scenario is that I'll show up at ER door and the orthopedist here will have to remove these damn pins. Started a new long acting pain med yesterday, Opana ER. Seems to be working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcc78 View Post
Hi Sally, Just want you to know you are not alone. No
ne quite understands how debilitating this SI Joint Dysfunction is....not even people with disc pain. I WISH I had a herniated disc that could be "fixed" with a simple, well-known surgery. I am tying to heal without fixation or fusion surgery, but I am certainly not counting it out. It has been a year and half of sheer hell for me. I have been undergoing prolotherapy treatments which do help: (it's prolotherapy.org) . but I belive my pelvis is twisted pretty badly out of place and keeps losing its correct positioning. Don't give up. There is a doctor out there who will help you. Please email me if you ever feel like chatting. I would be happy to let you in on all my "research" findings. I am currently wearing an SI belt that is great: it's .
I definitely feel a lot more stable with it. Don't give up. I have felt like throwing the towel in more than a few times so I know how you feel. I know I will never be the same as I was, but I do have hope for a "somewhat" normal life again.
SallyE5756 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote