View Single Post
Old 05-07-2008, 03:04 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo55 View Post
I guess a good place to start is what are your most bothersome symptoms and what is your avg daily pain level {0 = none - 10= passing out from pain}

Did you have a specific injury or did this come on over time?

PT in general can be OK as long as they don't use a cookie cutter/one size fits all treatment plan. They need to listen to you and make sure nothing increases any symptoms. Some times they will rush you into strengthening therapy when you are still having pain and other symptoms. NOT a good thing.
Also whole body posture needs to be looked at {head forward/shoulders forward etc} Alexander, Feldenkrais that sort of thing
alignment too - IMO , esp if someone had any fall, sport injury, car accident - anything with some impact that might have caused misalignments.

Thank you for the information. My pain varies depending on what I do each day. Most of the time it is not that bad, I take Soma's & Gabapentin for pain etc. This just came over time I think from working at the pc all day & having bad posture. I guess I will try & find a good PT in the area. Thanks again for the info. I will look at the sticky's etc.
===
roybean88 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote