View Single Post
Old 05-07-2008, 04:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alffe View Post
It sounds like you attended a Compassonate Friends meeting Jan, and yes, they are wonderful for those who lost a child in anyway OTHER than suicide.
I made the mistake of attending one of those before we had a Survivors support group here in our town. I left sobbing because hearing their stories about holding, tending, and nursing their loved ones only added to my guilt.
My son died alone. A Survivors Support group is filled with those of us who have been left behind after someone we love kills themselves.

I have an ever growing library of books about suicide and get a wonderful news letter from Wisc. filled with articles and stories of other who live this nightmare. We, none of us, chose to be survivors but we're stuck with it.

Are you married? Children? I'm asking because I am hoping you have some hands-on support...some warm hugs..etc in your daily life. We have a plentiful supply here but there is no substitute for the real thing.
Alffe, I'm not sure if I am replying in the correct box but I'll try anyway.

I was married briefly several years ago but had no children. I was in the Navy and they were my "family", never thinking that would end. I am not completely alone though. I have a friend that we have maintained an on again/off again relationship for about 22yrs. I am in a wheelchair right now due to chronic pain in my lower back, rt hip & thigh. He is staying with me to help out for a while. I am scheduled for surgery next Wednesday (14th). Hopefully I will get some relief after this surgery so he can go back home.

He is not a very emotional person and doesn't like me to talk about my family because it makes me cry. So no, I don't get the warm hugs I would dearly love to have. I'm glad I found this site because everyone seems so compassionate and supportive. You will probably be hearing alot from me.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Curious (05-08-2008)