View Single Post
Old 05-07-2008, 06:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I have yet to understand why we have to accept this or even what acceptance is. Why do so many put so much into acceptance. I look at it this way - The neuro states I have MS. The MRI backs him up. Ok - treat me! Give me meds to make my sx better; give me meds to try to stop this from getting worse or try your best. That is all I have to do.

I don't look at more progressive boards. I don't need to hear it. Not now and I hope never. Treatments are getting better. Will they be in time for me? My fear is not, but I try not to go there. What if I am wrong and they find a cure or a really good drug for me --- all I will have done is scare myself, and worried my self more, if I look at where this crap could have taken me.

I know from general talk, the net, my neuro... I may end up in a w/c. While I am ok in this area now I may later not be. I needed one with my 1st exacerbation and did not have one. Yesterday I called and put it into motion to get one while I have ins to cover it. That is just good planning imo. Not acceptance. When I get the final ins ok, it will be delivered and not unboxed. If the time comes when I need it, I will call and get someone here to unbox, teach me...

While I try to make intelligent decisions; I follow the last piece of advice my mother gave me. I was am and was in a bad child custody situation. In 2006, I gave up almost all 2007 vac rights to my child so I could have her in 2006. Mother said "worry about next Christmas... when it gets here. Things may change." They did and I had more than my rights in 2007.

This decision was unsure and so is MS. I will not worry about it till it gets here. Most others will disagree, but this is my right, and how I feel.

~ Sheena~
sheena is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
beautytransforming (05-08-2008), Carolina (05-07-2008)