View Single Post
Old 05-07-2008, 09:24 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Talking Good days and Bad days, today was a good day!

Wow I had a great day today! Jackie was fine this morning, today was his first dose of risperdal at school so Jack and I both we anxious to hear how it went. I called before Jackie got home on the bus and talked to his teacher, it went much better. We are really glad that things might get better for him at school, this is only the first change in his risperdal, he gets an increase as soon as Medicaid will pay for it, I am going to try to get it filled tomorrow but last time they wouldn't get it covered until a day after it was due.

So that's not the best part of today. Jack and I went out. You know how usually men hate shopping? Well he wanted to go with me today and it was pretty good. We were going out for lunch too at a chinese all you can eat buffet and we had the BEST time together! While we were shopping, and were looking for a popcorn popper and juicer to go with the coffee maker we bought, I had no luck in the regular store, so I went to the thrift store and found both for under ten bucks!

I really enjoyed the lunch with Jack, it went great, I had some sushi, and really delicious cream cheese filled fried wontons along with some friend rice, shrimp, scallops, and cheese cake for dessert with some orange sherbet. Oh it was so nice to be out together, it's been way long. While we were out I bought some hair color, and when we got home and had stuff put away I went in to do my hair and Jack came in, he helped me get all the gray spots I couldn't see!

I mean I feel so good today, I am really happy tonight, we're going to start juicing and STOP eating microwaved popcorn. Jackie has lost five pounds and hopefully things will continue to get better, we should have his trike soon too, I figure it will be a couple more weeks but it will make a nice difference I bet. We got him the coolest toy motorboat today and the coolest kite, it's a Bald Eagle! I can't wait to see his reaction when he sees it up in the sky!

I just wanted to share some good things since I was so upset about the stupid tooth breaking. Hope you enjoyed sharing in my day. I am really feeling like things are just looking up. I wrote in the writing board's Flash Fiction Challenge this past sunday and it was awesome. I wrote a nice piece and felt great about it! And the week before I wrote a good piece and it was just as awesome of a feeling. I hope to start up on a new novel soon based on these two pieces too, so I am looking forward to getting my groove back with writing.

Hope you're all doing well and here's a big hug for reading the thread!

"Thanks for this!" says:
Mari (05-08-2008)