View Single Post
Old 05-07-2008, 10:54 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Help Workmans Comp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
Your long term disability carrier is allowed to offset any income, including SS. I have the same thing with mine. I can not earn over a set amount each month or they will offset my benefit by that amount. It is just the way the policy works. If LTD has been paying you all this time and your comp claim is allowed or settled for back benefits, then your LTD very likely has the right, by the contract you signed with them, to be reimbursed.

I think it is time for you to find a different doctor. Sending you back to work with a prescription for painkillers when they claim you are not injured earns two strikes in my book.

I am also permanently disabled and getting 50% of my former income, and in less than 9 years that will drop to 25% or less . . .

I understand what it is like to lose income big time. I am not looking forward to this future time in my life . . . it's pretty scary to me.
Thanks,

I just wish I had more information 27 years ago concerning LTD policies. My Company and MetLife set up this policy to only benefit MetLife! There are many different LTD policies out there that I could of purchased and been able to make up the 50% I lost with not having to pay them back! Theses policies really exist. You may pay 10 or $20.00 more per month, but at least you'll know that your purchasing a REAL LTD Insurance Policy, not a secured loan!
Dj500 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote