Thread: Voices! Ack!
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2006, 01:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_express_44 View Post
My mom used to have this, and she found it very disturbing as well. Sometimes she would hear noises, like the fan of the furnace or banging of a hammer, and think it was words being said repeatedly.

I am probably out of my league here Nathan (others please speak up!), but I normally found that my mom was generally very stressed out when this happened to her. Often this resulted in an increase in meds for a while.

Cherie
Would this also include smell hallucinations- like smelling paint where there was only food (ask others "do you smell paint?" they say no) and NOT smelling the food that is obviously all around?

I made a call to my primary dr. Waiting for them to call back. I found a webpage that says that lactaction can be a side effect of these meds and I found a few other things on audio and visual hallucinations, but they don't say if they're related to bipolar. (I got some colostrum out last night after feeling likeI needed to nurse, even though I stopped that over 2 years ago AND had a breast reduction.)