View Single Post
Old 05-07-2008, 11:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Unhappy Your NOT ALONE!!!!

WOW!! My little brother suffered a MAJOR stroke at just 6 weeks old. he was infant which is why it was incredibly difficult to tell. He cryed and when we took him to the doctor he said it was normal. Then of course we took him home. This is the part i will never forget he began facing one side and stop crying. When we took him to the ER it was late. They said he suffered a major stroke. He is now 3 yrs old. He cannot walk,talk,eat thriugh his mouth, little noises scare him because his nervous system isnt alert. He gets speech, physical, occupational,vision,and a teacher to the house. he also gets a nurse like once a month to check up. But its extremely painful for my family and I. My mother is constantly crying and we're all (my bros and sisters , and dad) are suffereing in our own way. Some of them are giving hope being as the doctors told us that 80% of his brain was damaged. I, just like you, have not given up on my little brother. I do wish for a better life for him. So im also doing a little research myself and i PROMISe when i find somethig i'll let you know. I also have been researching stem cells ,as you know it may be a cure for more then 70 major illnesses, including brain damage, strokes, paralysis, spinal cord injuries, alzheimers, etc. The list goes on and on. However President Bush disapproved of stem cell research and i find it to be nothing but a show of ignorance. I mean we're talking a cure for more tHAN 70 MAJOR ILLNeSSES.WHERE CAN U GO WRONG!! THINK ABOUT HOW MANY LIVES WE CAN SAVE AND IMPROVE. However obama and hillary clinton approve so im jus going to be patient until then. I do have hope that stem cells can cure my bro and i will never lose hope. JUST AS YOU SHOULDNT EITHER. DO NOT BELIEVE WHAT THESE DOCTORS TELL U. TRUST ME THEY TOLD US SO MUCH CRAP THAT ALL ENDED UP TO BE FALSE. YAH THEY ARE DOCTORS BUT THERE NOT GOD AND SEEING AS IM A STRONGER BELIEVER I DO BELIEVE THAT GOD IS by my side and that there is a guardian angel with ur daughter and my brother seeing as they were both put in such tragic situations at such young age and both made it. GOd Bless u, your duaghter, your husband, and your entire family. My God protect you and keep you strONG in times where negativity surrounds YOU. Like i said When and if i found a good doctor out there i will keeep u informed.

Ok now. Take care. Give ur daughter a big hug from me.:hug

--Jess--
jess is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote