View Single Post
Old 05-08-2008, 07:37 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default You're not alone here...

Maryfrances,

I hope you are able to get along - singularly - and find the strength to be happy. I have been struggling to maintain my marriage since a feeling of apathy - about life in general, not my spouse - set in a couple of years back, and I am fearful that I will end up separated too (It seems that too many here have gone through this). I deal with continual stress trying to keep the relationship going, and I wonder what’s worse, the stress or the loneliness I face if I quit. It seems that others who have gone through divorce eventually come to happiness and peace, but it is scary when you’re just facing it. You have an important career - teaching, as I remember - and I'm willing to bet that the kids really need you... that's what "does it" for me; consequently, it's what I'm struggling with most: feeling valued. It is something that is earned, somewhat, and I’m sure that’s getting harder for you to do, as I know it is for me. Keep yourself going and giving, and whatever you do, do not lose your sense of self-worth.

Happy Birthday, do something fun....

Grant

Last edited by grant r; 05-08-2008 at 10:49 AM.
grant r is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
maryfrances (05-08-2008)