View Single Post
Old 05-08-2008, 08:15 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rum River View Post
Out of curiosity, how long do one of your pain episodes or attacks last?

Mine are about 30 seconds or so. I've been up since 5:00 am and it's 7:44 am as I write this, I'm up to 23 so far today.

I know everyone's experience will be different, but is this about what other people are having?

I've never timed mine. The first two lightening bolts were very brief. The third one wasn't brief but the pain was so overwhelming and consuming that I had enough time to walk to the freezer and get a block of ice out and place it on my lower jaw and wait for the pain to subside, so this episode was at least a couple of minutes, judging by my actions. These were the first classical symptoms I experienced. Prior to these, I experienced a lot of atypical type of pain which would go on for weeks and then months at a time without a break. The atypical pain I have still goes on for extended periods of time. I may get some very short breaks from it, but they are usually a couple of hours, not days and weeks. Also, my early experiences with the condition, I wasn't diagnosed and wasn't on meds. Now I am, but daily pain is a part of my life now and has been for quite some time. The meds do dull the pain, but I experience a lot of breakthrough pain and really don't pay much attention to how long it lasts. I do experience some of the lightening bolts which occur one after another. The last cycle of those was eight in a row to my upper left K9 tooth.

Last edited by EE03; 05-08-2008 at 08:16 AM. Reason: clarity
EE03 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote