View Single Post
Old 05-08-2008, 06:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josie S View Post
I don't really understand what is happening to my body. I have just been diagnosed (after many years) with Myasthenia Gravis. They just started me on Mestinon. Can anyone out there tell me what to expect. I am feeling the fear of it all right now and am very depressed!
Hi Josie,

Welcome! I was struck by your words & I can relate to what you are feeling -honest! I was diagnosed last Feb., after 4 days in the hospital. My blood test always come back neg. and my day to day symptoms sometimes vary. I am currently taking mestinon, and sometimes, when I am having a "flare up", I will supplement w/ prednisone, for a week or so, until I am feeling better.The best advise that I can give is to educate yourself & your loved ones. MGFA & MDA websites are good places to start. I would also suggest sharing your fears w/ loved ones, asking a friend, spouse, sibling, etc. to go w/ you to your next neuro appt. It can really be a difficult thing for others to grasp-but maybe if they go w/ you, it may help. You have a good place here, the people are supportive, and understanding. Good Luck! You are in my prayers.
Peace,
Nancy Lee
nancylee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote