View Single Post
Old 05-08-2008, 07:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautytransforming View Post
Hey Friend =) You are very encouraging. Trust me!!! Sometimes, I am finding out, we need to have our own off days as well.

As for the swelling, and the one leg being worse than the other. Are you getting around? Walking? Are they red, painful?

My first concern would be blood clots due to the surgery. PLEASE make sure this is not the case, cause it can be very serious if it is. DO not rub or massage your legs until you know for sure that it is not blood clots!

Otherwise, do you swell a lot? Are you taking in a lot of salt? More so than normal? I am not sure about the MS relationship... but keep them elevated, get some TED hose, drink lots of water.

Hi BT, I don't typically have swelling. I have been watching my salt. The rest of my body doesn't seem swelled, just the legs and feet. I will be careful not to massage the. I didn't think about blood clots. They are not red. They only hurt in the sense that the skin feels so tight from the swelling, but no pain worse than that. Thanks for all the good advice. I am glad that tomorrow is when I have my follow up with the surgeon. Hopefully he can do something to figure it out.

Thanks!

HANG IN THERE!

If I had to sum up FRIENDSHIP in one word, it would be COMFORT. ~Adabella Radici

MS/dx2006
BETASERON (Quit May 2011)
COPAXONE (Began June 2011)
Friend2U is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote