View Single Post
Old 10-19-2006, 03:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I don't think it's a matter of wanting to hide. In my case, when someone knows my training, it seems I am held to a higher standard. I have MS too and I should have the same ability to receive community support as you do. I have not found that to be possible in open forum. It has been possible in a closed professional forum where we each come to the table with training that should make us knowledgable but we are still attacked. We are people stripped of our knowledge and needing support and those who do not have that training do not understand and we languish. We do not have the support offered to the general community because we SHOULD know the answers.

We SHOULD not whine. We SHOULD not fret or worry. Because we SHOULD know better. As nice and warm and accepting as the MS community is...it chews those of us who SHOULD have knowledge up and spits us out and wonders why we get defensive or feel hurt.

That is why we need a separate community where we can share with each other without the rest of the MS community watching and listening and judging and pronouncing sentence.
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote