View Single Post
Old 05-08-2008, 09:21 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Alffe, what an insightful way your Pastor had of explaining Michael's death to his son. And your church seems to have a very loving, supportive environment. I have been looking around for a church where I feel like I "belong". Before, when I could get out of the house unassisted, I attended a few different services but just never felt like I could become part of their "family". About 18 months ago I found a little church that I felt good in. I attended Sunday services for about 6 months until I became an invalid; pain in the butt for me and EVERYONE. My Pastor calls, or I will call him, and we have prayer together on the phone. I have only told him that I have no living relatives but thats about al he knows about my past other than the chronic pain. I am afraid of what he and the other church members would say (treat me) if they knew the truth about my brother & sister. I have been told over & over that if you commit suicide you have a straight ticket to Hell. Well that's not in my Bible and I refuse to believe that my family are anywhere other than Heaven. God has blessed me with this unwavering truth but I just don't know if my church will still accept me. I guess if they don't then this is not the church for me. But how do I slip this into a conversation with my Pastor?

Thanks for listening. Any suggestions will be helpful.