View Single Post
Old 10-19-2006, 04:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I am not talking about receiving advice here at all. I am talking about the verbal attacks that I personally (and many other medical professionals with MS must) endure when on a board of this nature where people know what we are trained in.

Perhaps people are angry that they have to live with MS. Maybe they've had an insensitive or uncaring Dr or nurse. Perhaps they distrust the medical community in general. Those of us who disclose (or others have done so without our permission) tend to take the brunt of anger and judgement and hostility of those persons who have MS and have not gotten a timely diagosis or treatment. Or perhaps have not developed a warm, caring compassionate relationship with their medical provider.

This lack of understanding that you express and do not understand is EXACTLY why we need a forum of our own where we can commiserate with each other. That way we can come back here as PWMS and be part of the community and perhaps offer insights or bring our concerns to the table. We do not want to have to be "on call" or the "experts" with this community (or any other, for that matter).

Does anyone out there even have a clue what it's like to be a medical professional receiving a diagnosis of MS, go on a DMT and never have anyone come and teach you how to give an injection or manage side effects or site reactions because you are a medical professional and should automatically know how to manage? I thought not!
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote