View Single Post
Old 05-09-2008, 11:44 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb the problem

with Neurontin and Lyrica is that they cause fluid retention. Then the fluid
retention causes carpal tunnel like symptoms. And that is not good.

Your dose is pretty LOW to expect significant pain relief.

I have battled carpal tunnel for 30+ yrs...and during my pregnancy at age 34
it was totally disabling. I could not write, sew, do anything. I had a EMG done at a neuro and had lost 80% function in both hands. After delivery it improved, so I never got the surgery. But it flares up, I wear my braces to bed, and am careful in the garden. (I had a steroid injection in the right wrist to get thru the pregnancy on doctor's advice).

Since I started benfotiamine, I've had the best results yet, of anything I've tried. (second best was P5P form of pyridoxine).

When the body is low in thiamine (and diuretics deplete this vitamin) the tissues retain fluid. This is one sign of wet beriberi (which is often ignored by doctors). In its early stages, edema is the most obvious symptom.
Most antibiotics deplete Thiamine as well...including Cipro.
http://www.emedicine.com/med/topic221.htm

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote