View Single Post
Old 05-09-2008, 04:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

A huge improvement here, from the original severe burning in my feet and up to my knees & those sharp electric type jabbing feelings and numbness in my feet to these days were i have no burning at all, no sharp jabbs and the numbness has nearly returned to normal, i can wear shoes, boots and can walk any distance.
I have no need to take any pain killer meds these days, i was on 300mg Tramadol SR x twice daily, only still take a much lessor dose of Endep at night but it doesn't make any difference when i have forgot to take it at times, it does help my sleeping so i have remained on it for that purpose only.

For the sake of newer members reading these posts, my PN was caused through a Prediabetic state & i was low in b12, an EMG showed some large nerve damage but mainly small nerve damage detected by Quanitive sensory testing & the obvious small nerve symptoms, a 3 hour Glucose tolerance test showed an above than normal response to a glucose challenge.

In my case correcting the insulin resistance by a sensible diet which included high fibre low GI foods and loosing weight, some exercise was needed and vitamins were B12 [mostly b12 Cynocobalaimin] only the last few months was able to get the preferred type of B12 " Methylcobalamin " and shots of b12 hydroxocobalain off my doctor, a multi B every day and vitamin C, i added Alpha Lipioc Acid only a couple months back which took care of the rare slight burning i had left.
Nerve's can heal if they are in the right environment.
Brian is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (06-20-2008), Marie33 (11-30-2012)