View Single Post
Old 10-19-2006, 06:28 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default ok paula...

here goes...i'm almost certain that all of my facts are correct. i will send him a copy of this thread in a few days and i'll have him give me an official opinion.
Barack Obama was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, August 4, 1961. He was the son of a white mother from Kansas and his father was from Kenya. He obtained early education in Jakarta, Indonesia and Hawaii He went to Occidental College, Los Angeles, Calif., and Columbia University, New York City; studied law at Harvard University, where he became the first African American president of the Harvard Law Review, and received J.D. in 1992; lecturer on constitutional law, University of Chicago; member.

Barack Obama has always had strong family ties. He says that on holidays, his family looks like the UN-he says that some of his relatives look like Bernie Mack while others look like Margaret Thatcher-there is even some Asian in his family. I am not sure about the Muslim but I do know that he has dedicated his life to public service as a community organizer, civil rights attorney, and leader in the Illinois state Senate.

He moved to Chicago in 1985 to work for a church-based group seeking to improve living conditions in poor neighborhoods plagued with crime and high unemployment. In 1991, Obama graduated from Harvard Law School where he was the first African American president of the Harvard Law Review.

During his seven years in the Illinois state Senate, Obama worked with both Democrats and Republicans to help working families get ahead by creating programs like the state Earned Income Tax Credit, which in three years provided over $100 million in tax cuts to families across the state. Obama also pushed through an expansion of early childhood education, and after a number of inmates on death row were found innocent, Senator Obama enlisted the support of law enforcement officials to draft legislation requiring the videotaping of interrogations and confessions in all capital cases.

Sworn into office January 4, 2005, Senator Obama is focused on promoting economic growth and bringing good paying jobs to Illinois. Obama serves on the important Environment and Public Works Committee, which oversees legislation and funding for the environment and public works projects throughout the country, including the national transportation bill. He also serves on the Veterans ’ Affairs Committee where he is focused on investigating the disability pay discrepancies that have left thousands of Illinois veterans without the benefits they earned. Senator Obama also serves on the Foreign Relations Committee.
a hell of a great guy!!

"Hang tough...no way through it but to do it."
Chris in the Morning Northern Exposure

Last edited by jes123; 10-19-2006 at 06:33 PM.
jes123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote