View Single Post
Old 05-09-2008, 08:53 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlG View Post
Groskilly I would be careful about these huge doses of Lyrica, there may be some unpleasant longterm side effects. I would especially concerned about effects on thinking. Bizarre strange ideas, depression, memory loss could result over time. I know what it is like to have this severe pain so you might want to complement Lyrica with Tramadol and Mirapex. Jarrett (one of the person on this forum mentioned RLS (restless leg syndrome) as being possibly coexistent with PN. This is a very interesting idea which may very well be true. This would explain some of the characteristics of PN, its tendency to get worse at night and the partial relief one gets simplying by walking around a bit. This may explain why Mirapex may be very helpful as a adjunct to Lyrica. Interesting ideas -no doubt.
I had symptoms of RLS long before anything with the PN. It first started during one of my pregnancies. I'd say that was about 20 yrs ago. It went away for a long time and then back in the mid to late 90's it started up again but only once in awhile. I was put on Celexa in 2002 and that's when it got really bad. Backed off for a bit after coming off Celexa but started up again with Effexor. The PN stuff I first began noticing when I was on Celexa.