View Single Post
Old 10-19-2006, 07:07 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I dont have any tips or suggestions.I sure would like to hear some though!
I dont wanna turn this thread into a complaintfest.

However,i am having a problem since i have been diagnosed with arthritis and fibro.
Every doc wants to know what the last one had to say.
When i tell them.I am basically brushed off!!
I have had this ongoing pain in the left side of my neck/shoulder/back for going on 2 years .Even though initally my problems started 3 yrs ago.
Anyway I am getting worse and it seems these docs just want to push pills on me!!
Mainly topamax .The pain med i get does'nt really control my pain yet nobody wants to help me with that because people with "fibro"dont usually"need" anything more than that!!!Yeah surreeee!!!!!
I am pretty fed up!!!!
I am having some pretty severe burning in my upper shoulder.neck.back.
It has been getting worse these past few months.I dont want to increase my meds to ease the symptoms.I want to get an MRI to see if my nerves are being crushed...I have been this way for almost 2 yrs!!
Do they just want me to continue to increase the amount of this med until i can no longer spell my own name??
When i look in the insurance book to see who is in our plan..It seems as if they all doctor at the same hospital{s}.So i just feel like ..whats the sense in switching doctors.They are all brothers and sisters!!
When you go to a new doctor that is possibly friends or maybe even "good buddies"with your old doctor.You know they will say, who was your previous doctor and why are you here?
I have had multiple surgeries and MRI's nerve tests..etc.I cant just act like this is a new problem..I will have to give my history.
I will have to say who has been prescribing my meds!
So here is where i could use some help.
What is the best way to approach this kind of problem?
I think this is a great idea for a topic,just wish i could help instead of asking for it!
~Kell~

Kellie

Everybody has problems. Some we create for ourselves, some others create for us. How we react to those problems is up to the individual. Eleanor Roosevelt stated, "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." We must control our reaction to our problems or perceptions. Otherwise, they will own you.
~KELLWANTSANSWERS~ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote