View Single Post
Old 05-10-2008, 02:09 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi

I inhereted the tendency to "toe in" from my mother. I also had flat feet. My ankles were flexing inward. I asked my parents for letting me go to an orthopede, but they would not. So I fixed it myself, when I was 11. I started paying attention to every step I took trying to turn my feet out a little, reasoning that I would end up straight. Since my ankles were flexing inward, I started walking on the outside rim of my feet consciously at the same time. It is also important to "roll off" the foot correctly. It worked. I am 51 and my feet are still straight. For the flat foot I started walking barefoot on the back lawn in the mornings and also wearing toe-slippers, which make you grab the slipper to not lose it with your toes. I started picking things up with my toes all the time, which was possible because indoors I was wearing the toe-slippers. The kind of slippers where there is only something over the toes, not inbetween, is actually detrimental. I have become good at running. There is nothing wrong with my feet or ankles to this day.
minymo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote