View Single Post
Old 05-10-2008, 09:01 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart I have had Mirapex-related insomnia and...

Hi jarret and all!

Just wanted to comment quickly.

My recent flare with neuropathy ("on fire"), especially in legs had turned into a severe RLS nightmare. Legs jumping rapidly up to 18-20 hours per 24 hours. Many nights, zero sleep.

On th 40 point scale for RLS severity, I'd scored a 40.
Dr. put me on Mirapex, starting at 0.25 mg., then increased to 0.50 mg.
I could not sleep for anything...and the amnesia, etc. was overwhelming. I was rapidly becoming increasingly disabled..cognitively , as well.
Tried dropping Mirapex to lowest does, as that had not been tried 0.125. Still no sleeping.

Stopped Mirapex, all together, after having a few days of Slow Mag (magnesium chloride) and making sure basic vitamins were being met.
Also excluding gluten.

For some reason, I have been without RLS for 4+ days/night now.

My body is exhausted and wants terribly to sleep. I think this is because it has missed so much sleep.

Mirapex has a side-effect of insomnia...for some. I am one of those.

I don't know if the severe RLS will come back soon... I certainly hope not.

I am trying all I can..dietarily, etc. to get a handle on anything posible. Still studying on this, implementing slowly.

Doctor had called in a prescription for Carbidopa/Levodopa, even though I had passed on the word that I have had zero restless legs for a few days. I guess he wanted to be sure I'd have some on hadn if needed? Yet, I am extremely reticent to take this..due to what I read about augmentation.

I know this is tough on all...my heart goes out to all.

THe many stressors..especially the stressors close to (or actually) traumatic cannot help the situation. I am sorry you have encounters these difficulties. These are major, major stressors. I hope you can heal.. on all levels...as soon as possible.

I hope all are having a good day!
DejaVu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote