View Single Post
Old 05-10-2008, 09:09 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I have been on "R" now for about 8 months and usually drink a total of about 1/2 gallon of wine a week. Usually if I DO overdue things, (like last night).....LOL..... I really have no problems the next day or the night before.......It is just about as I used to be NORMALLY before the Rebif and the MS, I get my liver levels checked every 3 months and so far they have been fine, I am only on a few other meds that really don't effect things but if I WAS I would think that the wine would be effecting me differently, I don't think it is the Rebif to worry about with alcohol, but would be concerned if you took any of the other drugs with it and also if there is side effects that bother you....

Everyone is different so basically I would first ask tour doc and then if he/she gives the thumbs up then I would do as I feel.......:-)

I hope you do ok with whatever you do.......

Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkDizzle View Post
anyone know if it is ok to have a few drinks while on rebif?

and ill be 100% honest when i say "a few drinks" i mean killing a 12 pack at a party now and then but not every night/weekend..

reason i ask is we had a get together last weekend and i went.. well... a little over board.. but i didn't really think about rebif + beer could = something very bad until i went for my blood test.. everything must have been ok since i never got a call from my neuro saying.. "hey stupid! you messed up" but i don't think i am gonna do that again just to be on the safe side.. though i can't promise i wont be having a brew on pizza night..
Dxd RRMS 12/23,06, Copaxone 2/07 to 9/07 - Rebif 10/07 to 7/08, BAD flare with Transverse Myelitis & Pancreatitis.....,9/08 Pseudo Cyst!!!! and another TM attack. Started Tysabri 9/22/08 - 10/21 Allergic reaction to Tysabri, SSDI Approved 11/14!! Continued Ty 11/17 with a Pre-medicate. Solumedral 12/11-12/13 Ty #5 Jan 12th!
JoeMac is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
PunkDizzle (05-11-2008), SallyC (05-10-2008)