View Single Post
Old 05-10-2008, 11:00 AM
In Memorium

15 yr Member
In Memorium

15 yr Member
Default Ivig

Hi - if he can get the IVIG then I'd definately try it - for some people here on the forum it works great.... I was on it for a year and a half, every week - high dose - didnt have definate auto-immune markers though - I think the doc was experimenting - I'm seeing a new neuro and it is on hold while condition being re-evauluated (looking more at genetic or paraneoplastic conditions)... however, it may help... and worth a shot... (does you hubby have a definate diagnosis?)

Some people here (I'm sure they will post) love their infusions - aside from a few side affects they feel much better after - personally I dreaded them 'cause did not notice a big change but the side affects were real hard on me (nausea - very flu like symtoms, etc.) as the treatments go on they usually lessen some and some people get no side affects at all... they are probably starting with 3 month trial to see if any change - its a very expensive therapy and if you cannot show improvement to insurance they usually will no longer pay for it....

Do you need links to information about ivig? Also, there is a magazine called IG Living - very information - you can just google their site and read their magazines on line or order for home for free.....

I hope that it IVIG does help him... again, for those it helps its wonderful - and a tough med to get so he's lucky to get to try it!

Take care....

Last edited by BEGLET; 05-10-2008 at 11:49 AM.
BEGLET is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote