View Single Post
Old 05-10-2008, 11:06 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Looking for insight

Hi, almost 20 yrs. ago, I was involved in a car accident. Following that, I had two surgeries to my wrist and hand as a result of nerve root compression, and later, approx. 10yrs after, I had to have shoulder surgery. All this time, I continued to have pain issues with my neck, shoulders, and arms. I was treating with a chiro up until six years ago and the only reason I stopped going was because his treatment was aggravating the shoulder and my current ortho doctor told me to stop going. Stupidly, I listened. The original ortho surgeon who treated me told me to never let the medical side of this case settle because I would continue to have problems. Well, I just found out that I have a herniated disc in the cervical spine and I'm being referred to a neuro for evaluation. This is the same area that I believe was involved in the first nerve compression. Does it appear that the herniation I have now can be a continuation of the original injuries? Has this happened to anyone else?

I read a lot on the internet about the effects not showing up and about misread MRI's (normal) not really being normal. There is also an indication that these types of injuries can result in problems such as this. I am pretty young to be suffering effects of degenerative conditions unless of course the accident has accelerated this, which I'm inclined to think it has.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
EE
EE03 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote