View Single Post
Old 05-10-2008, 11:07 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart Any clarification on taurine and RLS, PLMD, essential tremor?

A Warm Hello to All!

I hope all are having a good day?

I have been reading all around on the board, as I seem to have so many symptoms...I am not sure of where to start/stop/study!

I have neuropathy, severe RLS, PLMD (it seems) and definitely tremors.
We do not have all diagnotic testing completed yet. (It seems to take forever.)

I seem to be having some luck using magnesium chloride. (Staying within the RDA.) That seems to have quieted the movements significantly. (It has been 7 days of using this and I see a huge difference.)

I have seen mention of taurine here and there. I am having trouble fully understanding why taurine, alone, would work so well. I had always been warned to use amino acids in combination, so as to not create imbalances; however, this warning may be old information (out-of-date) !

When I look at amino acid supplements, I see combinations of both essential and non-essential amino acids; yet, I rarely see taurine in the mix. I do not understand why that is.

Would someone kindly shed some light upon the use of taurine in movement disorders for me?
Even links would be great!

I am very, very tired and apologize if these links are right in front of me, I am just failing to see them? If so, please just mention this to me.

I have so many symptoms, I am just trying to put together a good basic plan for nutrients helpful, without over using any.

Thanks so very much for any information and/or redirection.

Have a great day!
DejaVu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote