View Single Post
Old 05-10-2008, 12:26 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

That's right you have to have a minimum of 5 symptoms with a couple of them, I don't know how many with ocd, before you get the diagnosis.

I had seen a psychiatrist before the debacle with the anti-depressants. Plus of course the one that gave them to me. Only after I "lost it" is when suddenly different people diagnosed me with a host of personality disorders. Borderline, Bipolar, Autism, ADHD, to name a few. I have no OCD, Narcissism, Schizofrenia or Psychosis. Those are I think the only one's missing.

I just wonder, you know, if I were to see a shrink now, who does not know anything about me, what diagnosis I would get. Could these things in some cases be snapshot of a moment? How long do you have to go back to say whether you do or do not have a symptom? They say certain things are incurable. But if you found a way outside the standard circuit and got well, wouldn't you just forget about the circuit a.s.a.p. and get on with life? So they would not know about it? You just don't come to their attention any more, in that case. Thus far, the only thing they diagnose you by is partially what they see you doing but mainly what you tell them, possibly what a friend or family member tells them. They can not really measure anything physical about you that proves beyond a shadow of a doubt you have x personality disorder, whereas with physical diseases they can. Anybody else ever wonder about these things? I do believe people can find ways to emotionally "retrain" themselves so they lose certain symptoms.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (05-11-2008)