Thread: Update
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2008, 02:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Update

Hi everyone!
Well I'm 9 weeks post now and I'm quite pleased with my progress. The weirdest thing is 2 episodes I've had where I had a definite 'awakening' feeling. It was like stepping out of a noisy chaotic room into silence. It happened a little over a week ago and again a few days ago and on both occasions lasted an entire evening. Pretty much all my symptoms disappeared except for a bit of shooting pain in my neck but the general fogginess/detachment was lifted and I felt like myself again! I really hoped it would be permanent...it wasn't but it has served to fuel my hopes to be better by my birthday in July. I get more periods where the fog is thinner too.
I'm an artist and musician and fortunately am experiencing no deficit in my abilities in these areas, I am however finding that I lose my train of thought easily and I certainly have a very short attention span.
Atlast, after hearing of my suicidal thoughts, my doctor is referring me to a neurologist so I can get a professional opinion on my condition and treatment and I can actually speak with someone who has experience of PCS.
I'm sleeping OK, usually wake once in the night but generally get 8 hours or so and have a little snooze in the day.
I'm learning to manage the depression. I have to concentrate and try hard but I can keep the bad feelings and thoughts just far away enough to keep my head above water. This is improving my general mood and I believe is a big part of the recovery. My parents have been great and I'm so lucky to be able to spend my days relaxing and being looked after, if it weren't for them I don't know if I'd still be here.
To everyone else experiencing PCS, I wish you full energy in your recovery!!
benjamin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote